By Barbara Safani, Rajesh Setty
Do you need to understand in a nutshell what it takes to industry your self in a aggressive activity industry and get extra of what you will want? '#JOBSEARCHtweet' delivers a hundred and forty digestible sound bites for doing simply that. in exactly a hundred pages you are going to achieve compelling insights on the best way to construct a robust resume and canopy letter, interact employers with a value-added thanks letter, paintings with recruiters, leverage your community either on-line and offline to resource key selection makers, interview authentically, with a bit of luck, and comfortably, and negotiate a strong repayment package deal.
during this well timed and crucial ebook, Barbara Safani stocks her services culled from over fifteen years adventure in profession administration, recruiting, government training, and organizational improvement for either Fortune a hundred businesses in addition to with members. because the proprietor of occupation Solvers and a widely-published writer of articles on profession recommendation and triple-certified resume author, Safani understands first-hand the recommendations and secrets and techniques to dealing with a winning task seek, together with:
- Resume writing, conceal letter, and thanks letter suggestions that may be carried out instantly.
- Traditional and on-line networking techniques that may construct efficiencies into your seek and get you spotted via choice makers.
- Interview information that place you as an genuine, value-driven candidate.
- Pointers for negotiating for what you will have and deserve.
- General activity seek insights to maintain you encouraged and relocating ahead.
A not-to-be ignored addition to the bookshelves of lively task seekers in addition to humans drawn to coping with their profession, '#JOBSEARCHtweet' will supply readers every thing they should be one step prior to the contest via confirmed suggestions for fulfillment.
'#JOBSEARCHtweet' is a part of the THINKaha sequence whose 100-page books comprise one hundred forty well-thought out prices (tweets/ahas).
Read Online or Download 140 Job Search Nuggets for Managing Your Career and Landing Your Dream Job PDF
Best job hunting books
Prepared! target! employed! ''This is an immensely worthwhile publication, with the traditional knowledge of recruiters,? and the updated? insights of 2 expert web surfers. in case you are job-hunting, you will be thankful to profit the ideas and tips of those pro veterans. I realized much myself. '' —Richard N.
* greater than three hundred letter-perfect hide letter samples! * Samples have been chosen from millions submitted through specialist resume writers! * precise occupations index makes it effortless for readers to discover the samples they wish. Readers can now enjoy the ''tricks of the trade'' with this exhibit choice of awesome, pitch-perfect conceal letters written by way of expert resume writers!
The single occupation sequence designed expressly to show passions into paychecks! those inspiring books enable profession explorers examine the task marketplace in the course of the exact lens in their personal pursuits. every one publication finds dozens of how to pursue a fondness and make a living--including the educational and schooling had to polish leisure pursuits and pursuits into pleasing careers.
Crucial for individuals contemplating a profession in legislation enforcement and scholars pondering pursuing a level in legal justice.
- 200 Best Jobs for Introverts
- Knockout Job Interview Presentations: How to Present with Confidence, Beat the Competition and Impress Your Way into a Top Job
- Great Jobs for History Majors (Great Jobs Series)
- The WetFeet Insider Guide to Deloitte Consulting
- The Academic Job Search Handbook
Extra info for 140 Job Search Nuggets for Managing Your Career and Landing Your Dream Job
JOBSEARCHtweet 37 31 Use charts and graphs on your resume to demonstrate impact. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a bit of “bling” is not a bad thing. 32 A longer read that is readable is better than a quick read that is not. Pick a font of at least 10 point so the resume is easy to read. S. resume, omit references to age, marital status, or religion. Employers cannot request it; offering it makes you look clueless. #JOBSEARCHtweet 39 34 Create a text-only version of your resume to preserve the formatting when uploading into a company text box.
S. resume, omit references to age, marital status, or religion. Employers cannot request it; offering it makes you look clueless. #JOBSEARCHtweet 39 34 Create a text-only version of your resume to preserve the formatting when uploading into a company text box. Word documents will quickly turn into gibberish when placed in a text box. 140 Job Search Nuggets for Landing Your Dream Job 35 Treat every word on your resume like expensive New York City real estate. Square footage is at a premium, so make every word count.
140 Job Search Nuggets for Landing Your Dream Job 48 Many companies won’t allow current employees to give personal references; ask HR to conﬁrm what information they will disclose about you. #JOBSEARCHtweet 53 49 After the interview process is underway, call references to explain the job you are applying for and the value proposition you are pitching. 140 Job Search Nuggets for Landing Your Dream Job #JOBSEARCHtweet 55 Section VI Working with Recruiters The role of a recruiter may be one of the most misunderstood aspects of job search.
140 Job Search Nuggets for Managing Your Career and Landing Your Dream Job by Barbara Safani, Rajesh Setty